Telephone: +359(2) 983 52 05
Animus (Bulgaria) is a well-established centre providing counselling, advice and advocacy for women and girls fleeing violence in Bulgaria, which runs a crisis shelter for women. Animus was founded in 1994 by women working in the helping professions – such as psychologists, psychotherapists and social workers – and became a public benefit organisation in 2001. Animus’s recommendations on how to combat early and forced marriages were taken into consideration at the Child Protection National Council (2016). Some of their proposals for effective measures to reduce early marriages have been included in the Bulgarian National Program for Child Protection for 2017.
Animus’s mission is to promote healthy communication on gender in Bulgarian society.
Animus’s objectives are:
- developing affordable psychotherapeutic and psychoanalytic services and programs offering professional and competent help;
- creating public attitudes of tolerance for diversity, respect for the suffering and rejection of violence,
- promoting the values of dynamic and psychoanalytic psychotherapy and psychoanalysis to promote democratic change in Bulgarian family and society,
- developing and implementing projects and programs tosupport people who need help.
The main directions of our work lie in promoting understanding in society, to encouraging a respect for women, acting as an intermediary between the government and NGOs, and coordinating activities on violence against women and children.
This page includes resources developed by Animus in Bulgarian.
- Определение за ранните бракове/Definition of early/forced marriage [Doc]
- Превенция на зловредни и унизителни практики срещу момичета и млади жени чрез социалната услуга “Звено – Майка и бебе/Interventions using the Mother and Baby unit [Doc]
- ПРЕВЕНЦИЯ НА ОТПАДАНЕ ОТ УЧИЛИЩЕ/Preventing school drop-out due to early marriage [Doc]
- Превенция и работа с жертви или потенциални жертви на зловредни и унизителни практики срещу момичета и жени – Национална телефонна линия за деца/Preventing early and forced marriage through a national helpline [Doc]
- ПРЕВЕНЦИЯ НА ЗЛОВРЕДНИ И УНИЗИТЕЛНИ ПРАКТИКИ ЧРЕЗ ФИЛМИ И БРОШУРИ/Prevention of harmful practices through brochures and films [Doc]
- Бременност в непълнотелтна възраст- предпоставка за унизителни и зловредни практики срещу момичета/Early pregnancy as a precondition of harmful practices [Doc]
- Престъпления в името на честта са престъпления/Honour-based violence [Doc]
- Генитално осъкатяване на жени/Female Genital Mutilation [Doc]
- ДИНАМИКА НА НАСИЛСТВЕНОТО ПОВЕДЕНИЕ ПРИ ЗЛОВРЕДНИТЕ И УНИЗИТЕЛНИ ПРАКТИКИ НА ЖЕНИ И МОМИЧЕТА/Definitions of VAWG and HTPs [Doc]
- Early/Forced Marriage in Bulgaria [PDF]
- A-Z to Safety Project (PPT)